Some serious reading to do

Dec 27, 2012


I got 4 new filmmaking pdfs books to read in addition to the one my sister gave me for my birthday:

-25 Scripts and How They Made It by David S. Cohen
-Rebel Without a Crew by Robert Rodriguez
-Digital Cinema: The Revolution in Cinematography, Postproduction and Distribution by Brian McKernan
-Filmmaking for Dummies by Bryan Michael Stoller
and the one my sister got me for my birthday:
-Grammar of The Film Language by Daniel Arijon, which is more of a go-to manual book once you are in the process of filming something
Getting my reading on. 







I can't wait to eat this 4 books. I already started "Grammar of The Film Language" but this one is more like a go-to manual book once you are in the process of filming something, but it has some pretty cool drawings.

Self-teaching something is hard but it is very exciting, the only thing is, that even when you are learning something on your own you really need that someone to guide you and/or ask questions to. Right now I want to read as much as I can about it, watch lots of films paying attention to details, and of course the one I consider the most important is to grab a camera yourself and start filming stuff, theory is almost nothing, if you don't put it to practice and make some shitty stuff that'll help you learn with time.

Are you teaching yourself something? What would you like to learn on your own?



Share it!           0 Comments

Share This Post

0 comments:

Post a Comment